Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Start of My Journey!

A friend told me I should start a blog about my weight loss journey with Bariatric Surgery.  On January 31st, 2012, I underwent a full Roux En Y Gastric Bypass surgery.  This blog will sometimes be happy, sometimes sad, and sometimes a place for me to vent my frustrations.  But it's real, and I'm not holding back.

Here's the most recent photo of me at my heaviest weight ever.  This picture almost made me hyperventilate when I saw it.  I look huge.  My gut is hanging over my jeans, and I look bigger than my husband.  Which is never acceptable.  Never.

I started my journey 6 months ago at 255 lbs.  On the day of surgery, I weighed in at 249 lbs.  Today is February 2nd.  I am two days past surgery and feeling pretty good considering.  I had a bad episode last night with nausea and pain.  I have been on top of taking my pain medicine and anti-nausea meds today and have felt much better.

The most frustrating thing about today is that although I'm not hungry, I want to eat.  I want to taste food and chew.  But I'm stuck on this stupid Liquid Diet.  Uggh.  Not fun.  But the truth is that I put myself in this situation.  It was my chewing and tasting that got me to the point that I needed the surgery.  So I'm going to suck it up and deal.  For two weeks.  No food, just liquids and protein shakes.  Yum.  Even healthy foods look amazing to me right now.  I saw a recipe for roasted Brussels Sprouts on Pinterest and immediately started drooling.  How sad.

4 comments:

  1. good luck atina! i know it probably seems like such a mountain to climb right now, but just remember to take it one step at a time. you can do this and i can't wait to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Atina. You will get through this. I look forward to hearing about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the best of luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. roasted brussel sprouts?? u must be desperate!! lol you're doing GREAT!! i'm soo proud of you and can't wait to go on this journey with you!!

    ReplyDelete