Monday, February 13, 2012

Hanging in There

The title of this post says it all.  I'm just hanging in there today.  I have a lot of energy, and I've done a lot of cleaning around the house today while Parker was at school and Elliot was napping.  I cleaned my oven, dusted the house, and vacuumed the living room, then swept the kitchen floor.  Then I ran out of steam so the rest remains un-done!

The protein shakes are so nasty at this point.  I seriously think I might gag every time I try to drink one.  Now really, they're probably not that bad.  But when you've had the same thing four times a day for almost 2 straight weeks, you can't help but gag at the thought of drinking another one.  I have learned that variety, is indeed, the spice of life.  And with only 3 flavors, Vanilla, Chocolate, and Chicken Soup-which can't be made hot because it curdles- coupled with the fact that I cannot stomach the Vanilla flavor, variety is at a bare minimum.

I've already planned my first meal.  I'm going to have Pizza!  Healthy pizza that is.  (But I'm still psyched about it!)  I'm planning on making it on whole wheat flatbread with roasted garlic, marinara, Mozzarella, Green Peppers, and Turkey Pepperoni.  Maybe even some mushrooms.  And I will be eating it piping hot because I miss hot food!  (These shakes are cold, and on a snowy day like today, they just aren't hitting the spot.)  And for dessert, I'm going to make Chocolate Covered Katie's sugar free, high protein, gluten free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.  And I'm gonna be stingy and not share any with my family.  I'm sure I won't have to!  After I tell them that its made out of Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas!)  Basically its sweetened hummus with Chocolate chips!

Other high protein foods I've got on my grocery list are Cottage Cheese, Greek Yogurt, Sugar Free Preserves, Mahi Mahi, Chicken, Tuna, Cucumbers, and lots of fresh herbs.  I can make Greek Yogurt into a dip for Whole Wheat Club crackers by adding Ranch Powder or a packet of Onion Soup Mix.  And I can make it into Tzatziki sauce to have with whole wheat pita bread too.  Who knew?  Protein in dip!  Pretty much you can substitute plain greek yogurt in any recipe that calls for sour cream.  Bam!  Instant protein boost with the same flavor and texture!

I know that most of my food cravings are "head hunger".  Pretty much I just want food, but I'm not really hungry.  Except for the last few days, after I've drank all my protein and water, I will feel hungry around 8 or 9 PM.  Real hunger.  Not starving, but I wish I could at least have a few crackers or something.  I'm still counting down the days until Thursday!  Post-op appointment is scheduled for 8 AM!

Down another 1.5 lbs this morning!

Today's weight: 234.5
Total Loss: 14.5 lbs!  (I can't wait for that number to be 30, then 40, then 75, then 100!)


P.S.  To my friend Bree~  I plan on taking pictures at my 2 week appointment, when I've actually done my hair and makeup and put on a decent outfit!

1 comment:

  1. I have also substituted greek yogurt for mayonnaise in dip and it was still super yummy! I love using greek yogurt in my cooking :)Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete