Thursday, February 16, 2012

2 Week Post-Op!

I had my post-op appointment today!  The Dr. said I'm healing really well, and that I can lift the kids again and begin exercising.  And, I can eat!  Although I learned quickly its not much!  I came home and made myself an egg with some low fat cheddar cheese.  I got about 3/4 of it down, and that's all I could hold.  Then I went to Wal-Mart and spent an insane amount of money on all new food.  Healthy food.  Like Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Chickpeas, tuna, mahi mahi, chicken, and some veggies.  I still can't have fibrous foods like stringy veggies, veggie skins, and I can't have tough meats like steak or pork or even dry chicken.  If I do eat chicken, it should probably be cooked in the crock pot so its super moist.

After Grocery shopping, I made a mistake.  I went to Subway and got some Tuna on flatbread.  It was so good.  You know, the two bites I got down.  But apparently even the flatbread expanded too much in my tiny stomach, and 5 minutes after taking those two bites, they came right back up.  So I waited about 30 minutes, and had some greek yogurt.  I was full on less than 1/2 cup.  I think getting my protein in is going to be a challenge.  But, I like the yogurt, and If I can get at least 1 cup per day in I've gotten in 44 grams of protein, and my goal for the entire day is 60 or more.  So hopefully I can eat enough to get it all in.  If not, I'll check out those protein shots they have at GNC and Wal-Mart, because I can't possibly drink another protein drink.  EVER!








Today's Weight: 233
Total Loss: 16 lbs!



4 comments:

  1. You look great, glad you are healing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look good... and bread is bad for you anyway... there are plenty of other tasty items... you are doing so good... hope someone ate that foot long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryanna, Jon took the footlong to work for lunch and ate it! It didn't go to waste!

    ReplyDelete