Tuesday, June 26, 2012

WHAT???

I stepped on the scale this morning, and guess what I saw?  186!!!!!!  I distinctly remember weighing 188lbs when I graduated high school.  Which means I've not only lost 70lbs since Christmas, but I now weigh less than I did the day I graduated High School 11 years ago.

Sometimes I wish there were do-overs in life though.  Like my 10 year reunion that I skipped last year. I skipped the reunion partly because I went to high school with a bunch of overprivileged douche bags who I really didn't care to see again, but also because I was ashamed of how overweight I was.  Isn't that sad?  Now I wish I could go and show everyone how awesome I turned out.  (AKA, show off pictures of my kids and my good looking husband!)

I also wish I could re-do my wedding.  I really wish I could wear that beautiful Monique Lhullier dress that I wanted so badly, but didn't have the figure for.  Although my dress was beautiful, it was not my dream dress.  It was the dress that hid my fat the best, and flattered my unsightly figure the best.  And it was one of the only dresses that came in a size 22.

But, there are not do-overs.  Just lessons learned.  What's the lesson here?  If you are overweight, unhappy, and ashamed of yourself, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT NOW!  YOU GAIN NOTHING BUT MORE WEIGHT BY WAITING!  I wish I had done this right after I graduated College and before Jon and I got married.  That way I could have worn that $5,000 dress and given my dad a heart attack when I asked him for his credit card.  And I could have gone to that reunion and been proud of myself and my accomplishments.

You know what though?  I am SO PROUD of myself.  I am currently talking to three people who are considering weight loss surgery.  I think that two of them are amazing candidates.  (One just is not ready for the lifestyle change, and I get that.  She'll get there eventually!)  I hope that by sharing my story, I can show the world that being overweight is nothing to be ashamed of.  And that doing something radical, like weight loss surgery, is nothing to be ashamed of either, and that it is NOT the easy way out.

You know me, changing the world one ass kicking at a time!  Lol!

Today's Weight: 186
Loss since Surgery: 63lbs
Total Loss: 70lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment