Monday, June 18, 2012

Jumpstart

Hi everybody!  I know, its been almost a month.  Sorry.  Today I'm at 188lbs.  That means I've lost 8 lbs over the last month.  That's nice, but I would like to be losing faster.  I'm going to call the Dr. here in just a bit to see if that's where I should be at this point, or if I should be losing faster.  At this point, I have 48lbs left to go to get to my goal.  If I keep losing at the rate I'm going now, that would mean 6 more months before I meet my goal, which would put me a year post op. Which I guess is what they said would be the point that I would likely stop losing, but still, I wanna be skinny now!

I'm going to try something over the next week.  I'm going to try to eat nothing but protein shakes or greek yogurt or cottage cheese for breakfast and lunch.  Then eat a small dinner.  Hopefully that will jumpstart the weight loss again.

Eating has been going pretty good lately.  Except for the BBQ Tri-Tip sandwich I tried to eat the other night from my favorite BBQ place.  That went horribly.  Imagine me, getting a nice, relaxing pedicure. Then having to try to tell the poor Filipino lady that I had to go puke, except she spoke no English.  Yeah, sweet!  Lol!

But other than that, things are going good.  We went to Shogun for Father's Day dinner last night.  I ate some salad, some soup, a few veggies, some steak, and a few bites of fried rice.  (Cause hey, what's the point if you don't at least get a few bites of the rice!)

On the exercise front:  I LOVE mowing the lawn!  Who knew?  So I've been push mowing the lawn once a week for a workout.  And I've been walking 1 mile about 3 days a week with a friend.  The kids love to go for walks, and I get a workout.  :)  I also tried the P90X 30 Day Ab Challenge.  FAIL!  That thing kicked my ass big time!  I got through 3 of 7 exercises, then I was so sore for 3 days that I could barely lift my legs!  (Again, the pedicure lady thought I was pathetic.  I couldn't lift my leg for her, and I was puking.  Awesome!)  But apparently I'm a sadist, because I'm going to try it again today.

On the appearance front, I had to go buy some new t shirts the other day.  I didn't have any that fit me!  Yay!  I'm wearing a large, almost medium T-shirt now.  And most of the clothes I'm buying are size 14 or a size large.  This makes me so happy!  I haven't been this thin since High School.  Hells yeah!  I got a haircut last week.  Its a little shorter than shoulder length, and my face doesn't look fat!  And My pedicure looks awesome too.  :)

Overall, life is good.  I feel great, I look great, and I'm super active compared to when I was fat.  Notice that?  When I was fat?  Yep, I no longer consider myself fat.  Could I stand to loose 40 more pounds?  Yes.  If I never loose that 40 lbs will I be unhappy?  YES!  Do I love myself more now than I did in January?  HECK YES!  Am I super proud of myself that I've lost 68lbs since Christmas?  You bet your ass I am!  Am I still a fat girl?  Absolutely not.  Is self worth related to weight?  No.  Hell no.  But for me, losing the weight has made me realize how unhappy I was.  More on that tomorrow.

Today's Weight: 188
Total Loss: 68 lbs

XOXO

ATINA

No comments:

Post a Comment