Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spaghetti Squash, and new Bras!

OK, so I know the title is a little crazy, but hey, I wanted to tell you about both in one post!

So the other night I made a dinner that Jon and the kids LOVED, and I could eat a lot of it too!  It was soooo good, and almost vegetarian!  We have discovered Spaghetti Squash folks!  All I did was cut 3 small spaghetti Squash in half lengthwise.  I scooped out the seeds like you would a pumpkin, and then brushed the insides with olive oil and sprinkled a little salt on them.  Then I stuck them on a cookie sheet and baked them for one hour at 400 degrees.  Then I let them cool, and shredded the squash with a fork to form spaghetti "noodles".

Now for the actual Recipe!

1 tub 1/3 less fat Philly Cooking Cream (Any flavor you like--I used the garlic and herb)
spaghetti Squash
1-2 chicken breasts
Emeril's Bam Seasoning
Olive Oil
1 cup Frozen Mixed Veggies

OK, First, sprinkle some Bam seasoning on your chicken breast(s).  Then heat about 3 TBSP of olive oil over medium high heat in a medium skillet.  Add the chicken breasts, and cook on both sides until juices run clear.  Set the chicken aside.  Reduce the heat in your pan to medium. Now, add the veggies to the pan that you cooked the chicken in.  Let them cook until they aren't frozen anymore, and start to get pretty warm.  Then add your philly Cooking Cream to the pan.  Stir it around until the cream melts and coats the veggies nicely.  Go ahead and reduce the heat to low once the cream gets hot.  Shred those chicken breasts, and add the chicken and the spaghetti squash to the pan.  Toss with tongs to coat.  So yummy!

I wish I was all fancy like the Pioneer Woman, and had a picture, but my family wolfed it down so fast, I didn't get any pictures!


OK, on to the good news!  I had to go bra shopping yesterday.  My bras had gotten too big in the band.  Yay!  But my boobs didn't shrink any, so Now I'm starting to look very Dolly Parton-esque.  Oh well.  While I was there, I found a dress that looked great on me too!  (I used to never wear dresses, because, well, when you're as big around as you are tall, all dresses just end up looking like mumus.)  I was so excited!  Then today, I noticed that since going down a size in jeans, these jeans are super baggy in the butt.  So I went to Old Navy this morning and bought a size 16 jean!  (I started this journey in a very tight size 20.)  This is great news!  And, for the first time in forever, I found 3 shirts there that fit.  I've been having to order the plus size clothes online for almost a year now, and now I can fit into the clothes right off the rack at the store!  I think Jon might go broke now that I can drive to the mall and buy clothes and feel good in what I'm wearing!  (And yes, I'm using a ton of exclamation marks, but this is exciting stuff people!)

So anyway, I'm feeling good, and I'm getting smaller.  Woohoo!

Today's Weight: 226
Total Loss: 23 pounds!

1 comment:

  1. Exciting stuff indeed!!
    So glad you are finding recipes that work for the whole family and new clothes for you.

    ReplyDelete