Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Haters Gonna Hate

Ok, so I know the title is kind of Ghetto.  Well, really ghetto, but its how I'm feeling.  Here goes:

I haven't blogged in months.  One of the main reasons is because I've gotten a lot of negative comments.  Not on the blog, mainly other places, but still.  At this point I weigh 155lbs.  I've officially lost 100lbs.  But apparently, you can't please everybody.  Hence, Haters gonna Hate.


I've recently gotten comments like,"Stop losing weight!  You're getting too skinny!"  Um, I'm still 10lbs overweight according to BMI, so I promise, I am not wasting away here.  My favorite comment came from a family member.  It went something like this, "Wow.  I thought you would look a lot thinner, but you do look 100 times better than you did when you were really fat.  Maybe I should get that surgery."  Um, thanks?  Said family member might weigh about 170lbs soaking wet.  Luckily I'm not really close to this person, and can easily ignore them.



 Sometimes I want to scream, "look here bitches!  If you can't say anything nice, then shut up!"  And since when did my weight/size become anyone else's business?  I guess I thought that by blogging, I had somehow invited people to make those comments.  But after talking with my dear friends Kristy and Bryanna, I realized that it's on them.  They're the ones being rude.  Just because I tell the world how I'm feeling, and what I weigh, it's not an invitation for criticism.  So there, that's my excuse for not blogging in a nutshell!

But I'm back!  In my size 8 jeans, showing my crazy nutty self again.  Hoping to update at least once a week!

Today's Weight: 155
Total Loss: 101 lbs

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are back to blogging. I know it can be hard but don't let others steal your joy. Congrats on meeting your goal of being down a hundred pounds one year post-surgery. You Rock!!

    ReplyDelete